Highlighted Resources Produced by TeachingBooks.net
Virtually meet award-winning authors and illustrators. Online. Anytime.
Personalize your connection to the books you're reading with these exclusive resources made by TeachingBooks.net. Use these materials in classrooms, libraries, and/or for your own professional development to discover exciting ways to share insights with children and teens.
Author of the Month
- Filmed in the author/illustrator's home
- Edited and projectable
- Play these movies to have a virtual author visit anytime you want
Recording of the Month
- Recorded with award-winning authors
- Edited for classroom use
- Play to learn insights about an author's purpose and craft
- Listen to author/illustrator introductions
- Learn correct pronunciations
- Integrate recordings into podcasts, book trailers, and more
- Extensive conversations with favorite writers and illustrators
- Use for author and biographical studies
- Freely use in blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Written by extraordinary authors
- Reveals insights about book creation
- Use to learn from professionals
Looking for ways to use TeachingBooks.net?
About Resources Produced by TeachingBooks.net
In these resources...
Authors write about:
- Working with ideas
- Doing research
- Bringing history to life
- Being a professional author
- Diverse art techniques
- Approaches to book design
- Illustrating fiction and nonfiction
- Being a professional illustrator
Our process for making these programs is quite involved. We...
- Select the author to interview following our Collection Development Policy
- Film or record the author using quality, but accessible, digital equipment
- Produce the movie or recording, encoding it for easy web access
- Distribute the resource on TeachingBooks.net