Learn from Award-Winning Authors and Illustrators
Deepen thought, understanding, and connections to the books read in your curriculum with these exclusive resources made by TeachingBooks.net.
- Filmed in the author/illustrator's home
- Edited and projectable
- Play these movies to have a virtual author visit anytime you want
Meet-the-Author Book Readings
- Recorded with award-winning authors
- Edited for classroom use
- Play to learn insights about an author's purpose and craft
Author Name Pronunciations
- Listen to author/illustrator introductions
- Learn correct pronunciations
- Integrate recordings into podcasts, book trailers, and more
In-depth Written Interviews
- Extensive conversations with favorite writers and illustrators
- Use for author and biographical studies
- Freely use in blogs, newsletters, etc.
Original Author Posts
- Written by extraordinary authors
- Reveals insights about book creation
- Use to learn from professionals
Looking for ways to use TeachingBooks.net?
About Resources Produced by TeachingBooks.net
In these resources...
Authors write about:
- Working with ideas
- Doing research
- Bringing history to life
- Being a professional author
- Diverse art techniques
- Approaches to book design
- Illustrating fiction and nonfiction
- Being a professional illustrator
Our process for making these programs is quite involved. We...
- Select the author to interview following our Collection Development Policy
- Film or record the author using quality, but accessible, digital equipment
- Produce the movie or recording, encoding it for easy web access
- Distribute the resource on TeachingBooks.net