Access ideas for mini-lessons, bell-ringers, and interactive activities to practice skills, demonstrate understanding, and prompt discussions.
Provide opportunities to reflect and respond as authors discuss their craft.
Compare and Contrast
- Journaling Styles 1-12
Listen and Respond
- Drum Dream Girl & Ada's Violin 1-5
- Dreamers 1-5
- Symphony for the City of the Dead 7-12
- The Skunk & Toys Go Out 1-5 | 4-8
- Immigration: Dreamers & The Night Diary 1-8
- Activism: The Day the Crayons Quit 1-5
- Activism: Sofia Valdez, Future Prez & All the Way to the Top 1-5
- Activism: Ghost Boys & Woke 4-12
- SEL (Celebrating Differences): Just Ask & You Are (Not) Small PK-5
- SEL (Celebrating Differences): Inside Out & Back Again & The Year I Flew Away 4-8
- SEL (Celebrating Differences): If I Ever Get Out of Here & When Dimple Met Rushi 7-12
- Celebrating Differences 1-5
Use these Digital Book Kits to support family engagement with stories.
- A Different Pond by Bao Phi and Thi Bui
- Alma and How She Got Her Name by Juana Martinez-Neal
- The Crayon Man: The True Story of the Invention of Crayola Crayons by Natascha Biebow
- Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story by Kevin Noble Maillard
- I Want My Hat Back! by Jon Klassen
- The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith
Encourage exploration in your libraries and classrooms with these teaching tools.
Touchless Book Browsing