Uses of Author Interviews for Health Educators & Students
Enliven health classes with informative videos,
for example …
- Emphasize the importance of learning accurate information about health and puberty with author Robie Harris
- Prompt a discussion about healthy eating and nutrition with Fast Food Nation author Eric Schlosser
- Enhance your anti-bullying curriculum with author James Howe, whose book The Misfits inspired No Name-Calling Week
What is an Author Interview?
- Author Interviews are interviews with authors and illustrators in video, audio, and written formats.
- Meet-the-Author Programs are filmed by TeachingBooks.net in the homes and studios of award-winning authors and illustrators to enable readers to connect with the author the moment they are studying a book.
Authors talk about:
- Working with ideas
- Doing research
- Bringing history to life
- Being a professional author
- Diverse art techniques
- Approaches to book design
- Illustrating fiction and nonfiction
- Being a professional illustrator
Share how you use Author Interviews as a health educator.*
Here are some curricular uses submitted by educators…
- "I use Author Interviews when working with students on ideas that will help them make healthy choices."