How to Record Your Name Pronunciation Message
(For authors and illustrators of books for children and teens.)
The TeachingBooks.net Author Name Pronunciation Guide is an online audio collection of authors and illustrators pronouncing their names. After reading the tips below, please call in anytime to record your name pronunciation. Your message will be digitally recorded, professionally edited, and made available for students, teachers, librarians and families to hear online, anytime.
To get a sense of what other authors have said about their names, please click on the images below:
Here's how to record your message:
- From the best quality phone line you have, call 608-442-5320.
- After the tone, please begin by saying, "Hello, my name is" and say your name.
- Then, please say a little something about your name, such as a method for remembering its pronunciation, the history of your name,
or a funny story about it.
If your phone line has poor audio quality or if you would prefer to record another way, you may record your message using a recording application on a smartphone or computer and email the audio file to authors@TeachingBooks.net.
- After editing, a link to your audio clip will be e-mailed to you within 2-3 weeks, or, check back in a week or two to see if your name has been added.
- To enhance your author page on TeachingBooks.net, please also submit a headshot.
- There are other ways your books can be included in the TeachingBooks.net database. Learn more.
800-596-0710 or email.
Author Name Pronunciation Guide Phone Line