Discover online multimedia resources. Bring books and authors to life.
If you read fiction and nonfiction books in any discipline or setting, TeachingBooks.net's database of instructional materials will enliven your K–12 reading and library activities.
How to Use TeachingBooks.net
Search for Books, Authors, Illustrators, Subjects, Booklists, Series, or Awards
TeachingBooks.net is a portal to thousands of multimedia resources that enhance and enliven your reading experiences.
- Author Interviews
- Meet-the-Author Movies
- Book Guides and Lesson Plans
- Video Book Trailers
- Audio and Video Book Readings
- Audio Name Pronunciations
- Authors' Personal Websites and Blogs
TeachingBooks.net is relevant for anyone who reads or is involved with books for children and teens.
- Teachers, K–12
- Librarians, K–12
- Administrators, K–12
- Students, K–12
- Teacher Education Institutions
- Public Libraries
- Save time by having quality lesson plans at your fingertips to prompt discussion and enhance the teaching of fiction and nonfiction books.
- Expose students to award-winning authors with TeachingBooks' exclusive videos and audio recordings that authenticate the craft and bookmaking process.
- Introduce books on your interactive whiteboards with professionally narrated audio excerpts and video book trailers.
- Bring award-winning authors and illustrators into your library, anytime, with exclusively produced movies filmed in their homes and studios.
- Seamlessly collaborate with colleagues by easily providing them instructional materials about the books they are using.
- Support reading initiatives in your library with engaging online resources (author interview movies, professional book readings, and stimulating book discussion guides).
- Promote the integration of reading and authentic author studies in all disciplines.
- Provide an economical alternative to author visits with movies and audio productions that enable all students to learn from the author when reading a book.
- Have authoritative instructional materials aligned to Common Core, state reading lists, national book awards, and any reading list that your school desires.
- Empower students to have self-guided conversations about books, inspired by video, audio, and/or printed discussion guides.
- Enable students to meet authors online—to learn directly from writing professionals about their inspirations and creative processes.
- Excite students to select books with professionally narrated audiobook excerpts and video book trailers.
- Encourage conversations at home about the books students are reading with ready-to-use novel units and discussion questions.
- Have families watch together online videos about the books and authors that the students are reading.
- Safely find online websites and games that add a multimedia dimension to the books that students are enjoying.
Teacher Education Institutions
- Enable all students to learn the backstory of award-winning books directly from the author via TeachingBooks' exclusive audio and video productions.
- Provide students with vetted teaching materials that will help them integrate books, authors, and multimedia into all discipline studies.
- Enhance LibGuides, Blackboard, and other online environments with aligned instructional materials that support Common Core, national book awards, and any classroom's syllabus.
- Bring authors into your library programs anytime with engaging author interview movies.
- Supplement summer reading programs (such as CSLP) with materials aligned to booklists and manuals.
- Support book groups with exciting multimedia materials that stimulate and inform conversation.
- Foster professional development among youth services staff with materials that enhance understanding of children's and YA literature.
Ways To Enliven Reading
Book Guides & Lesson Plans
Ready-to-use discussion questions, novel units, and activities for the books you're reading
See all resources for
See all resources for
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows
See all resources for
Lord of the Flies
Common Core Standards for E.L.A. & Literacy Materials
Evidence-based pedagogical shifts are supported with ready-to-use multimedia
- Shift 1: Balance informational and literacy reading in all grades
- Shift 2: Emphasize reading in many K-12 disciplines
- Shift 3: Require knowledge and direct consideration of the text
See all instructional materials that support the Common Core Standards for E.L.A.
Integrate Reading Across the Curriculum
Help teachers in all disciplines expand their reading activities with enticing, easy-to-use
author and book resources
- Quickly learn powerful ways to use TeachingBooks.net in almost any classroom
- Explore how elementary school libraries can instantly host an award-winning author/illustrator each week
- Learn strategies for infusing multimedia in numerous reading activities
Go to the Curricular Uses home page »
Authors & Resources for Award-winning Books
Instructional materials for the major children's and YA literature awards
- Stay up to date by meeting award-winning authors and illustrators
- Instantly access quality teaching materials about these distinguished books
Sample 2012 award-winning books and authors »
Easy-to-use online training materials to meet every need
- Brief video demonstrations introducing TeachingBooks.net's resources, features, and uses
- Customized live trainings for one or more locations, timed when you want and for as long as you want
- Self-guided, inquiry-based Professional Development Module and personal Multimedia & Reading Implementation Plan for your classroom or library
What You'll Find
Integrate reading across the curriculum. Explore uses of TeachingBooks.net for:
News from TeachingBooks.net
New Original Meet-the-Author Materials
© 2001-2015 TeachingBooks.net LLC | All Rights Reserved | Policies
| Last Updated Apr 19, 2015