Activities: Authors 4-8
This set of lesson cards can be used to support learning about author's purpose or inspiration and the writing process.
- Scan the QR codes on the front of the card
- Listen and learn directly from authors
- Reflect and respond
Authors Inspire Us: Authors 4-8: Set A
We all are different. How is the character in the story the same or different from you? Why did the authors feel it was important to tell this story?
Authors Inspire Us: Authors 4-8: Set B
There are many things that restrict a person's freedom. What limits freedom in each example?
a. Segregation b. Traditional roles c. Enslaved people d. Government
Answer Key: 1(d), 2(a), 3(c), 4(b)
- The Surrender Tree by Margarita Engle (government) | Meet-the-Author Book Reading
- Freedom Summer by Susan Goldman Rubin (segregation) | Meet-the-Author Book Reading
- Freedom Over Me by Ashley Bryan (enslaved people) | Meet-the-Author Book Reading
- The Red Pencil by Andrea Davis Pinkney (traditional roles) | Meet-the-Author Book Reading