Experience interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational language with book and author resources, including resources in multiple languages.
Discover rich resources that add to cultural competency and understanding.
- Delve into the shared cultural experiences revealed by layers of research in Carmen Agra Deedy's introduction to Martina the Beautiful Cockroach: A Cuban Folktale.
- Hear Monica Brown emphasize the importance of salsa music in her life in My Name Is Celia: The Life of Celia Cruz / Me llamo Celia: La vida de Celia Cruz.
Examine cultural comparisons with book guides, lesson plans, and book readings that guide conversations.
- Engage in discussions about what it means to be an agent of change across cultures and languages.
Introduce authentic voices and relevant content through primary source materials.
- Experience the discord of cultures colliding in Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai.
1. Referenced from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. ACTFL. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from https://www.actfl.org/publications/guidelines-and-manuals/actfl-performance-descriptors-language-learners.
Referenced from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. ACTFL. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from https://www.actfl.org/publications/all/world-readiness-standards-learning-languages/standards-summary.