for Goodnight, Manger by Laura Sassi and Jane Chapman
With sweet, rhyming text and illustrations by bestselling illustrator Jane Chapman, Goodnight, Manger offers a unique twist on the classic Christmas tale, creatively weaving together comforting and familiar bedtime routines with the special magic and wonder of the manger story as Mary and Joseph try to lull baby Jesus asleep inside the noisy stable.
- Is perfect as bedtime reading for your little ones, especially during the holiday season
- Makes the Christmas story fun and accessible for young readers
- Helps kids think deeper about what being in the stable may have been like for Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
- Can be read during Advent, the Christmas season, or celebrations of Jesus’s birthday
- Makes a great gift for baby showers, new moms, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, and boys and girls 4-8
It's bedtime for Baby Jesus, but who knew a manger could be so loud? Mama, Papa, and all the animals try to get the baby to sleep, but between itchy hay, angels' joyful hosannas, and three kings bearing noisy gifts, it's just too loud. Until Mama finds a way for everyone to work together to shepherd Jesus into peaceful dreams under the twinkling stars.
If you enjoy Goodnight, Manger, be sure to check out Goodnight, Ark as well!