for Dating and Sex by Andrew P. Smiler
Silver award winner in the Eureka! Children's Nonfiction Awards
2017 National Indie Excellence Award Winner for Young Adult Nonfiction
Best Typographic Cover and Best in Show in Washington Book Publisher's Design and Effectiveness Awards
"There's a good chance you've had the "sex talk" with your parents. Or not. Or learned about human reproduction in health class. Or maybe you've heard a lot about dating, sex, and relationships from friends, movies, and surfing online. So you are all set, right? Maybe.... But everything you think you know and everything you really want to know is inside this book."
Written for teen boys, Dating and Sex provides them with the knowledge they need to understand dating, relationships, and sex. It goes beyond basic descriptions of biological processes with a progressive, practical approach that relies on secular ethics and emphasizes sexual health and personal responsibility.
The book addresses common questions like:
- What's a hook-up?
- How do I know if someone likes me?
- Can I masturbate too much?
- How do I know if I am ready for sex?
- How do I know what my sexual orientation is?
- Why is it important to get and give consent?
- How can I make a relationship last for more than a couple days?