Implementation & Training Specialist
Train teachers, librarians, and other educators to successfully implement the TeachingBooks and Book Connections literacy services in schools, libraries, and universities.
Full-time (40-43 hours per week)
This position can be based anywhere, remotely working with our implementation team and customers.
Positive, organized, collaboratively minded professional who loves teaching and helping others, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Comfort collaborating with remote team members, and excitement to work in a dynamic and expanding organization, are necessary. Love of books, and experience in schools, public libraries, and/or teacher education programs preferred.
Note: TeachingBooks has a deep commitment to the practices of social justice, diversity, equity, and respect. We are looking for applicants who are dedicated to serving a diverse population and have experiences and perspectives that will enrich our work.
- Design and implement outreach and training initiatives, including virtual, face-to-face, and conference presentations.
- Collaborate with customers to personalize, enrich, and promote their literacy work.
- Support licenses and individual customers via phone, email, and virtual meeting platforms.
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers to plan, create, and implement materials that support instruction and library programming.
- Advocate, innovate, and effort to give readers insights and opportunities that deepen their understanding and joy of the books they are reading.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and passion for literature and teaching.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Exercise strong organization, technical skills, and attention to detail.
- Take initiative, working independently and in collaboration with others.
- Believe in and share the TeachingBooks mission.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits, including a flexible schedule, paid time off, 401k, professional development, and employer-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance.
TeachingBooks is an innovative educational company that strives to equitably give all readers insights and opportunities to deepen their understanding and joy of the books that they are reading. We connect readers in schools and libraries to a vibrant collection of hundreds of thousands of digital resources about fiction and nonfiction trade books. More than 50,000 schools and libraries currently have access to our service, including those in California, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, New York, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Freely enjoy TeachingBooks by signing up at TeachingBooks.net.
Reply with a cover letter and resume that highlights experiences relevant to the information outlined in this position description to Kym Davick, Director of Implementation & Educational Support