Career & Tech Standards Support
Inspired by the Common Career Technical Core Standards1, the reference points that are bolded below can enhance your career and tech instruction.
Explore career opportunities as authors and illustrators share fieldwork and technical study experiences.
- Reveal the inquiry process as David Macaulay recounts his research while creating The Way We Work
Fuel activism and empower students to pursue their goals and dreams.
- Inspire students with Lynda Blackmon Lowery's Meet-the-Author Recording from Turning 15 on the Road to Freedom: My Story of the Selma Voting Rights March
Reflect on real world technology, science, and math as they relate to human experiences.
- Imagine the conditions that drive advancements in science and technology with Jacqueline Kelly in her Meet-the-Author Recording of The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate
Identify role models with inspiring ideas and vision.
- Captivate students with resources showcasing inventors sharing how their passion spurred their work as in Melissa Sweet's Meet-the-Author Recording of Balloons Over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy's Parade
1. Referenced from "Introduction to the Common Career Technical Core." National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium, https://cte.careertech.org/sites/default/files/CCTC_Standards_Formatted_2014.pdf.