Understanding TeachingBooks Usage Statistics
Designed as a formative assessment tool to inform implementation and maximize value.
Monthly Statistic Reports
Identified contacts receive an automated report on the first of each month, providing data for the past month and since the start of the current school year since August:
- Total Clicks - counts every time a user clicks to interact with or open a new page.
- Total Record Views1 - counts every time a user accesses a database record. Ex.: viewing an author movie, book trailer, audio recording, lesson plan, or text complexity results.
- Total Searches1 - counts every user search of the database.
- Sessions1 - counts new visits to the website or renewed use after complete, continuous inactivity for 5 minutes.
- Pages1 - counts each time a web page, or new web content is displayed. Ex: any page load, movie overlay, sharing tools overlay, etc...
The report also includes the total count of author/illustrator materials viewed since August. These resources are exclusively produced by TeachingBooks.net and often used in a group setting. Their value and impact is signficantly larger than implied by the statistics.
Statistics Reports (by Request)
At the request of the license coordinator, TeachingBooks.net can aggregate total clicks, total record views, and total searches for any specified time period in your license history. You will receive a PDF report with your usage statistics by month, unless you request otherwise. To request a statistics report, email accounts@TeachingBooks.net with the appropriate time period. School districts, consortia, or states that would like data broken down into smaller units ("subaccounts") may contact TeachingBooks to discuss options.
TeachingBooks statistics follow the international e-resource standards from COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of NeTworked Electronic Resources) "to facilitate the recording and reporting of online usage statistics in a consistent, credible, and compatible way."
1. COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of NeTworked Electronic Resources). Accessed August 8, 2014. http://www.projectcounter.org/index.html