Tips for a Successful Webinar
To best meet the learning expectations for a scheduled webinar, here are some noteworthy tips.
Work with the TeachingBooks Professional Development Team to identify:
- Desired outcomes
- Learning objectives
- Audience: grade level, content area, level of experience
- Duration: 15 minutes to 2+ hours
Schedule a technology test before the session — speakers, microphones, projection, etc.
During the Webinar: Adjust & Ask Questions
Ask questions and communicate during the session.
- Confirm that this agenda addresses the needs and expectations of the audience
- Distribute handouts as appropriate
- Use the webinar chat box or call us immediately at (800) 596-0710 if:
- Audio is chopping in and out
- Video and audio are off sync
- Technical issues or questions emerge
- You would like to adjust the session in progress
- Adjust the pace of presentation
- Refocus the content of presentation
- Suggest examples or content for the audience
- Request additional time to respond to questions
Post Webinar: Document & Reflect
Continue to communicate with the Professional Development Team.
- Print (or download as a PDF) a Certificate of Attendance
- Extend learning by reviewing and sharing webinar content using the recording link in your follow up email
- Respond to the survey soliciting feedback about your learning experience allowing us to serve you better in the future
- Contact any member of the TeachingBooks PD Team with follow up questions or to explore new content and schedule future webinars
In striving to enrich the lives of all readers, TeachingBooks.net supports the First Amendment and celebrates the right to read.
© 2001-2019 TeachingBooks.net LLC | All Rights Reserved | Policies
| Last Updated Mar 20, 2019